Back to IL ARNG Homepage
 
The Illinois Army National Guard is comprised of:
Joint Force Headquarters
 
108th Sustainment Brigade
 
33rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team
 
404th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade
 
65th Troop Command
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
West Central Illinois Units
Illinois Army National Guard



Picture: Macomb Armory

The history of the National Guard in Macomb and McDonough County marks its beginning in 1832 when a battalion of militia was raised to protect the area during the Black Hawk War. A National Guard unit was not  permenantly stationed in Macomb until 1936. In 1954 the current armory was completed and housed many Field Artillery units and a Chemical Battalion.

Macomb Armory
135 W Grant St
Macomb, IL  61455-2971

BATTERY B, 2-123D FIELD ARTILLERY
HEADQUARTERS, HEADQUARTERS DETACHMENT, 44TH CHEMICAL BATTALION
450th CHEMICAL DETACHMENT