Oracle Self Service ~ "My
Oracle Self Service?
- Self Service is the latest evolution
allowing the migration of personnel processing from a Human
Resources (HR) responsibility to a shared responsibility that
includes employees, supervisors and managers, and HR as
- Oracle Self Service is a web based
application within the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System
(DCPDS) consisting of two components that can be used
- "My Biz" designed for all National Guard Technician
- "My Workplace" designed for Management and
supervisors of National Guard Technician Employees
- By utilizing the "My Biz/Workplace" feature in Self Service,
employees access, view and update personal information relating
to Appointment, Position, Person, Benefits, Awards and Bonuses,
and Performance, 24 hours a day/7 days a week, anywhere
internet access is available.
What information is
available in "My Biz/My Workplace" ?
The "My Biz"
feature of Self Service allows employees to:
Access and view data relating to their
federal civilian employment:
- Current and historical position
- Appointment Information
- Salary Information
- Benefit Information
- Award Information
- Appraisal Information
- Ability to view or print their
Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50)
What are the benefits
of using "MY Biz/My Workplace"?
- "My Biz/My Workplace" is web-based. There
are no special computer requirements.
- "My Biz" delivers technicians real time
personnel information on their technician employment.
delivers supervisors of technician's real time personnel
information on their subordinates.
- There is no need to wait for HR to respond
to technician or supervisor common questions.
- Technicians are able to access their
Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50) eliminating the need
for hard copy distribution.
- Supervisors are able to access their
employee's SF50s through "My Workplace".
- "My Workplace" allow supervisors to
certify electronically their probationary employee has continued
retention as a technician.
- "My Biz/My Workplace"
provides employee email notifications of Federal Employee
Benefit Open Seasons and Information on such programs as:
- Federal Employees Health Benefits
- Federal Employees Group Life
Insurance (FEGLI) Program
- Federal Employees Dental & Vision
Insurance Program (FEDVIP)
- Thrift Savings Program (TSP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFeds)
for health care and dependent care
What is in the future for "My Biz/My
- Employees will be able to update their own
personal data electronically reducing administrative costs and
increasing data accuracy as personnel information changes.
- Will house and provide the infrastructure
for the Performance Appraisal Application (PAA) allowing the
completion of technician standards and appraisals electronically
rather than hard copy.
How to access "My Biz"?