Oracle Self Service ~ "My
Oracle Self Service?
- Self Service is the latest evolution
allowing the migration of personnel processing from a Human
Resources (HR) responsibility to a shared responsibility that
includes employees, supervisors and managers, and HR as
- Oracle Self Service is a web based
application within the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System
(DCPDS) consisting of two components that can be used
- "My Biz" designed for all National Guard Technician
- "My Workplace" designed for Management and
supervisors of National Guard Technician Employees
- By utilizing the "My Biz/Workplace" feature in Self Service,
employees access, view and update personal information relating
to Appointment, Position, Person, Benefits, Awards and Bonuses,
and Performance, 24 hours a day/7 days a week, anywhere
internet access is available.
What information is
available in "My Biz/My Workplace" ?
The "My Biz"
feature of Self Service allows employees to:
Access and view data relating to their
federal civilian employment:
- Current and historical position
- Appointment Information
- Salary Information
- Benefit Information
- Award Information
- Appraisal Information
- Ability to view or print their
Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50)
What are the benefits
of using "MY Biz/My Workplace"?
- "My Biz/My Workplace" is web-based. There
are no special computer requirements.
- "My Biz" delivers technicians real time
personnel information on their technician employment.
delivers supervisors of technician's real time personnel
information on their subordinates.
- There is no need to wait for HR to respond
to technician or supervisor common questions.
- Technicians are able to access their
Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50) eliminating the need
for hard copy distribution.
- Supervisors are able to access their
employee's SF50s through "My Workplace".
- "My Workplace" allow supervisors to
certify electronically their probationary employee has continued
retention as a technician.
- "My Biz/My Workplace"
provides employee email notifications of Federal Employee
Benefit Open Seasons and Information on such programs as:
- Federal Employees Health Benefits
- Federal Employees Group Life
Insurance (FEGLI) Program
- Federal Employees Dental & Vision
Insurance Program (FEDVIP)
- Thrift Savings Program (TSP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFeds)
for health care and dependent care
What is in the future for "My Biz/My
- Employees will be able to update their own
personal data electronically reducing administrative costs and
increasing data accuracy as personnel information changes.
- Will house and provide the infrastructure
for the Performance Appraisal Application (PAA) allowing the
completion of technician standards and appraisals electronically
rather than hard copy.
How to access "My Biz"?
User help documentation
"My Workplace" Instructions
DCPDS Portal Users Guide