The Public Affairs Office is the official spokesman for the Adjutant
General and the Illinois National Guard in public information, command
information and community relations.
To keep the public, our Soldiers and Airmen, and their families informed
about the federal and state missions, activities, programs and policies
of the Illinois National Guard.
Public Affairs is divided into the following three areas:
- Public Information
- Responds to all queries from local, regional or national news media.
- Arranges for news media travel with Guard units and media visits to
- Generates broadcast and print news products about significant Guard
programs, activities and events.
- On request, makes Illinois National Guard photos and video footage
available to news sources.
- Answers questions from the public regarding the Illinois National Guard.
- Manages official Illinois National Guard social media sites.
Press Releases ------
Photo Gallery -------
Video Gallery -----
- Command Information
- Provides Illinois Guard members and their families, employers and
communities with timely, factual information about the Illinois
National Guard, its missions, programs and benefits.
- Community Relations
Interested in joining the Public Affairs community?
MOS/AFSC - Basic Public Affairs Specialist (Photojournalist) & Basic
Combat Correspondent (Video broadcast)
Possible duty assignments include:
139th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment in Springfield - Army
108th Sustainment Brigade in Chicago, 404th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade
in Chicago & the 33rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team in Urbana - Army
182nd Airlift Wing in Peoria - Air
183rd Fighter Wing in Springfield - Air
126th Air Refueling Wing in Belleville - Air
To learn more about the school please visit the Defense Information
Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office
1301 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Springfield, IL 62702
email@example.com - Click it to email us