Colonel Jeffrey W. Jacobson is the Commander, 126th Air Refueling Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. As Wing Commander,
he serves as the senior commanding officer responsible for an Illinois Air National Guard wing of 8 primary assigned
KC-135R aircraft with over 900 personnel assigned with an annual budget of 32 million dollars. His wing executes
global mobility operations, including both air refueling and airlift, supporting a wide range of conventional and
nuclear operational plans.
Colonel Jacobson is also responsible to two MAJCOM’s and 18th Air Force through two Total Force Enterprise Associations.
The Regular Air Force Active Associate 906th Air Refueling Squadron, Air Mobility Command, consisting of 120 personnel,
and an Illinois Air National Guard Classic Associate 126th Supply Chain Management Squadron consisting of 42 personnel,
Air Force Global Logistics Supply Center, Air Force Material Command
Colonel Jacobson attended the United States Air Force Academy and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in 1984. Upon
receiving his commission, the Colonel attended undergraduate pilot training at Columbus AFB, Miss. His initial flying
assignment as a co-pilot was to McConnell AFB, Kan. and in 1989, after upgrading to aircraft commander, he was assigned
to Griffiss AFB, N.Y. In 1992, the Colonel upgraded to instructor pilot and a year later transitioned to the KC-135
schoolhouse at Castle AFB, Calif., moving with the schoolhouse to Altus AFB, Okla., in 1995. At the KC-135 schoolhouse,
Colonel Jacobson served in various positions including line instructor pilot, evaluator pilot, and assistant director of
operations. The Colonel was honorably discharged from the U.S. Air Force in May of 1998.
Colonel Jacobson joined the Illinois Air National Guard in August of 1998 and served in the 108th Air Refueling Squadron
as a training flight instructor pilot, flight commander, and operations officer. He has also served as the 126 ARW Chief
of Safety, 126th Operations Group Commander and most recently as the 126th Vice Wing Commander.
Colonel Jacobson is a command pilot who has logged more than 6,500 hours in the KC-135R/E/A, T-37, T-38, and T-1. He has
accumulated over 440 hours of combat and combat support time in numerous operations including DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM,
NORTHERN WATCH, JOINT FORGE, ALLIED FORCE, PACIFIC THEATER SUPPORT PACKAGE, NOBLE EAGLE, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM,
ODYSSEY DAWN and most recently UNIFIED PROTECTOR.
1984 Bachelor of Science in Management, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1988 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1990 Strategic Air Command Instrument Flight Course, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
1992 KC-135 Central Flight Instructor Course, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
1995 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
2004 Air National Guard Intermediate Leader Seminar, Panama City, Fla.
2006 Air National Guard Chief of Safety Course, Alpena CRTC, Mich.
2006 Accident Mishap Investigation Course, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
2008 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2012 Domestic JTF Commander Training Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2015 Nuclear Commanders Course, Offutt AFB, Neb.
1. June 1984 – October 1985, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. December 1985 – April 1986, KC-135 Combat Crew Training School, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
3. May 1986 – June 1988, KC-135 Copilot KC-135, 384th and 91st Air Refueling Squadrons, McConnell Air Force Base, Kan.
4. July 1988 – November 1989, Senior Standardization and Evaluation KC-135 Copilot, 384th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell Air Force Base, Kan.
5. December 1989 – August 1990, KC-135 Aircraft Commander, 384th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell Air Force Base, Kan.
6. September 1990 – August 1993, Flight Commander/Training Flight Instructor Pilot, 509th and 41st Air Refueling Squadrons, Griffiss Air Force Base, N.Y.
7. September 1993 – December 1994, KC-135 Schoolhouse Instructor Pilot, 93rd Air Refueling Squadron, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
8. January 1995 – August 1995, KC-135 Schoolhouse Flight Examiner, 55th Air Refueling Squadron, Altus Air Force Base, Okla.
9. September 1995 – May 1996, KC-135 Central Flight Instructor Course Flight Examiner/Instructor, 97th Training Squadron, Altus Air Force Base, Okla.
10. June 1996 – July 1997, Assistant Director of Operations, 97th Operations Support Squadron, Altus Air Force Base, Okla.
11. August 1997- May 1998, Assistant Director of Operations, 54th Air Refueling Squadron, Altus Air Force Base, Okla.
12. August 1998 – April 1999, Training Flight Instructor Pilot, 108th Air Refueling Squadron, O'Hare International Airport Air Reserve Station, Ill.
13. May 1999 – November 2003, Flight Commander, 108th Air Refueling Squadron, O'Hare International Airport Air Reserve Station, Ill.
14. January 2000 – December 2004, First Officer, Delta Air Lines
15. December 2003 – March 2006, Operations Officer, 108th Air Refueling Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
16. April 2006 – March 2009, Chief of Safety, 126th Air Refueling Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
17. April 2009 – November 2011, Vice Commander, 126th Air Refueling Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
18. November 2011 – June 2016, Commander, 126th Operations Group, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
19. June 2016 – March 2018, Vice Commander, 126th Air Refueling Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
20. March 2018 – Present, Commander, 126th Air Refueling Wing, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor “V” device and six oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with nine oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one service star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three service stars
Kosovo Campaign Medal with one service star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal with one service star
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service with seven oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with bronze hourglass and four “M” devices
Air Force Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Illinois Military Medal of Merit
Illinois Abraham Lincoln Medal of Freedom
Illinois Long and Honorable Service Medal with two oak leaf cluster
Illinois Military Attendance Ribbon with numeral 9
Illinois State Active Duty Service Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
First Lieutenant May 30, 1986
Captain May 30, 1988
Major May 1, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2003
Colonel Feb. 2, 2010