Militia service in Bloomington began in 1832 when Captains Merritt L. Covell and William McClure formed two infantry companies to serve in the Black Hawk War. Since that time, Bloomington, IL has been home to units of the Infantry, Cavalry, Quartermaster, Artillery, Armor, and Military Police branches of the Army, with the current Armory built in 1951. Today, the Bloomington Armory is home to a Chemical Battalion, a Military Intelligence Company, and a Cyber Protection Team.
1616 South Main Street
Bloomington, Illinois 61701-6798
HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY, 44TH CHEMICAL BATTALION
CO D (-) 766TH BRIGADE ENGINEER BATTALION (MI)
US CYBER PROTECTION TEAM 176 (-)