To keep the public, our Soldiers and Airmen, and
their families informed about the federal and state missions, activities, programs and policies of the Illinois National Guard.
Public Affairs is divided into the following three areas:
Press Releases ------
Photo Gallery -------
Video Gallery -----
- Responds to all queries from local, regional or national
- Arranges for news media travel with Guard units and media
visits to units.
- Generates broadcast and print news products about
significant Guard programs, activities and events.
- On request, makes Illinois National Guard photos and video
footage available to news sources.
- Answers questions from the public regarding the Illinois
- Manages official Illinois National Guard social media sites.
- Provides Illinois Guard members and their
families, employers and communities with timely,
factual information about the Illinois National
Guard, its missions, programs and benefits.
Static Display Information ------
Fly-Over Information ------
Color Guard Request Form
- Coordinates support to public activities and events including parades, military flyovers,
static displays, air shows and open houses.
Vehicle Request Form ------
Speaker Request Form ------
144th Band Request Form
- Works in close cooperation with the 139th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment, 144th Army Band,
566th Air Force Band and Illinois National Guard Honor Guard.
Interested in joining the Public Affairs community?
MOS/AFSC - Basic Public Affairs Specialist (Photojournalist) & Basic Combat Correspondent (Video broadcast)
Possible duty assignments include:
139th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment in Springfield - Army
108th Sustainment Brigade in Chicago, 404th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade in Chicago
& the 33rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team in Urbana - Army
182nd Airlift Wing in Peoria - Air
183rd Fighter Wing in Springfield - Air
126th Air Refueling Wing in Belleville - Air
To learn more about the school please visit the Defense Information School website:
Illinois National Guard Public Affairs Office
1301 N. MacArthur Blvd. Springfield, IL 62702
Phone: 217-761-3569 Fax: 217-761-3527