Illinois National Guard

Hours of Operations
   8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday
   8:00am - 4:00pm JFHQ Drill Saturday
   7:00am - 3:00pm JFHQ Drill Sunday
1301 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Springfield, IL 62702
 Toll Free     1-800-732-8868
Phone        217-761-3307
Current News
SGLI Premium Increase
Effective effective July 1, 2014, the SGLI premium rate will increase from the current level of 6.5 cents per month per $1,000 of coverage to 7 cents per month per $1,000 of coverage.
Click here to
Food Bank Donations
The Soldier Support Center will be locating a box to distribute Donations to the Central Illinois Food bank.
Click here to


ID/CARD DEERS Enrollment
Tricare Advising
Military Passports
ARNG Records Review
State Benefits Advising
DA Photo Lab
Education Testing
ARNG Retirement Counseling
About Us

The Soldier Support Center Located on the first floor of the TAG Building was created by the MILPO to provide a central location to accommodate the personnel needs of service members, military Family members, retirees, and full-time Army National Guard unit support.

Other Services located within the Soldier Support Center include the Full time State Chaplin, Illinois Family Relief Fund Manager, Survivor Benefits Coordinator, Transition Assistance Advisor, Educational testing both, and the State of Illinois DA Photo Lab.


Identification Cards (ID Cards

The Soldier Support Center can issue ID cards for members of all branches of service - active, reserve, guard, retirees and dependents - as well as Department of Defense civilian employees and contractors.

Two valid forms of identification, one of which must contain a photo, are required for issuance of an ID card. Examples of valid identification are: a driver's license; a state-issued identification card; a Social Security card, a birth certificate or a passport.

Dependents obtaining ID cards must be accompanied by their sponsor or must have in their possession a completed Department of Defense Form 1172-2 (Application for Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) that has been signed and notarized by the sponsor. Sponsors who have a Common Access Card may digitally sign the DD Form 1172-2 on line at the RAPIDS Self Service website ( after creating an account.

Active-duty service members and service members reaching retirement age also must have orders/contracts with them when obtaining ID cards.

Based on AFI 36-3026 guidelines military personnel taking photos for military identification cards in civilian clothing are still held to service grooming standards.

Note: Active duty, Selected Reserve, and Participating IRR members must also be within Service dress and appearance standards when in uniform as well as civilian clothing. This also applies to members who are on appellate leave. Soldiers will be required to follow these guideline to be issued any military identification card as appropriate

Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)

Adding a spouse or child to DEERS requires presentation of original documents (marriage certificate, birth certificates, driver's license and Social Security cards). If a sponsor previously was divorced, divorce papers (and a Department of Defense Form 214 if in RETIRED status) are required. Before visiting the office, please call regarding any questions and to verify which documents will be required to accomplish any changes to DEERS.

Customers should call 217-761-3307 prior to any visit to verify the ID Section is operational.
Link Resources

ID Card Types and Requirements (
myTRICARE Homepage
TRICARE Homepage (
National Guard Benefits Online (
RAPIDS Site Locator (
RAPIDS Self Service (
Human Resources Command (